This course aims to provide learners working within the Civils, electrical and telecommunications Sectors with the knowledge and practical key skills required to be able to identify risks and hazards, who can be harmed, what can harm them, how much harm could be caused and what you can do to reduce the likelihood of harm being caused.
On completion of the course you will be able to:
- Follow associated organisation risk assessment procedures
- Identify hazards
- Identify risks
- Carry out a risk assessment
- Identify measures needed to reduce risk
- Correctly record risk assessments
- Identify when and how to report hazards and risks considered to be excessive or requiring further control measures
- Ensuring site is safe to work to proceed or finish
- Conduct themselves in a safe professional manner on site
- Definitions of hazard and risk.
- Identifying hazards in the workplace.
- Identifying significant hazards
- Assessing risks.
- Measures to reduce risks.