This course aims to provide employees working within the Civils, electrical and telecommunications Sector with an understanding and awareness of COSHH requirements and COSHH Assessments.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Identify substances likely to cause harm.
- Follow COSHH assessment instructions.
- Identify the required PPE correctly.
- Identify actions before using substances.
- Identify the measures required to ensure the safety of employees and the general public
- Explain actions required on contact with substances.
- Hazards and Risks requiring the use of PPE.
- How substances enter the body
- Tasks, risks and using PPE, including limitations.
- Organisation and legislative procedures.
- Types of Personal Protective Equipment.