A practical assessment will take place during the course where learners will be required to complete a suitable and sufficient risk assessment. A summative assessment will follow the completion of this course.
On completion of the course learners will:
Follow associated organisation risk assessment procedures
- Identify hazards
- Identify risks.
- Carry out a risk assessment.
- Identify measures needed to reduce risk.
- Correctly record risk assessments
- Identify when and how to report hazards and risks considered to be excessive or requiring further control measures
- Ensuring the site is safe for work to proceed or finish.
- Conduct themselves in a safe and professional manner on site
- Definitions of hazard and risk.
- Identifying hazards in the workplace.
- Identifying significant hazards
- Assessing risks.
- Measures to reduce risks.
- Recording risk assessments.
- Personal conduct on-site
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.