A summative assessment will follow the completion of this course or group of courses.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Identify injuries caused by electricity.
- State the difference between direct and indirect contact.
- Explain the effects of electric shock to the human body
- Identify measures to prevent electrical injuries.
- Follow organisation procedures.
- State the reasons for inspection & testing of fixed and portable equipment.
- Injuries from electricity.
- Types of contact.
- Effects on the human body.
- Measures to prevent electrical injuries.
- Awareness of Electricity at Work Regs; G39
- Inspection & testing principles.
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.