- Underground legislation and guidance pertaining to underground services. Examples are: HSG47, HSWA 1974, HSG150, EUSMUNC06 and EUSEPUS044
- Interpret utility drawings and line search documents
- Demonstrate usage of cable location devices (Cat & Genny) in order to locate utility services
- Identify the dangers and hazards associated with carrying out ground survey detection
- Accept the limitations of underground utility detection equipment and drawings
- Grasp the true costs of utility ‘strikes’ to contractors, stakeholders and wider society
Guided Learning Hours
The minimum guided learning hours for a EUSR Category 1: Locate Utility Services (HSG47), is six hours.
Who will benefit?
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals and/or operatives who are required to oversee and/or carry out work employing underground services detection devices.
Individuals who need to understand utility drawings and/or employ service detection equipment in order to successfully locate a wide variety of underground services.
- EUSR photo id card with qualification stated on back of card
- Cable Connections Limited Training certificate