All 100s, 201, 202, 207.
A summative and practical assessment will follow the completion of this course.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Identify the Hazards and Risks when using the specific Power Tools
- Identify the required PPE
- Identify appropriate legislation requirements
- Identify checks to be carried out before use
- State what action is required in the event of identifying defects
- Take appropriate care and maintenance of the specific power tools
- Identify how to store specific power tool
- Identify precautions with specific power tool
- Correctly start and stop the named power tool
- Correctly use the named power tool for the intended purpose and environment, and where appropriate attachment of tool, blade or disc.
- Legislation requirements
- Tool identification checks maintenance and safety
- Basic maintenance of specific tools.
- Limitations and identifying the hazards.
- Correct use of power tools
- Correct attachment of tool, blade or disc
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.