A summative assessment will follow the completion of this course or group of courses.
- Identify substances likely to cause harm.
- Follow COSHH assessment instructions.
- Identify the required PPE correctly.
- Identify actions before using substances.
- Identify the measures required to ensure the safety of employees and the general public.
- Explain actions required in contact with substances.
- Identification markings.
- Other potentially hazardous substances covered by legislation other than COSHH (e.g. asbestos, lead)
- How substances enter the body
- Assessment Sheets.
- Reducing the Risk.
- The Management role and responsibilities.
- The COSHH assessor role and responsibilities.
- The Users role and responsibilities.
- First Aid actions.
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will be a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.