This course aims to provide employees working within the Highway Electrical Sector the underpinning skills required to correctly define site-working areas and confirm site details before and during work activities.
All 100s, 201.
A summative assessment will follow the completion of this course.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Check and confirm site details.
- Identify hazards and risks on site.
- Define the site working area.
- Assess ground works.
- Correctly prepare and store equipment on site safely.
- Identify and use associated organisation policies & procedures.
- Ensure the site is safe for work to proceed or finish
- Conduct themselves in a safe and professional manner on site
- Identify a Confined Space, hazards and actions required
- Identifying typical significant hazards.
- Assessing risks.
- Working practices
- Transporting goods on site.
- Assessing and securing loads.
- Site safety practices.
- Organisation policies.
- Confined Spaces
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.