This course aims to provide employees working within the Highway Electrical Sector the underpinning knowledge regarding the different types of public lighting equipment, including traffic sign equipment, and boundaries for its use on the public highway.
A multi-choice summary assessment will follow the completion of this course.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Confirm site details and define boundaries
- Identify different types of equipment under, on and over the highway
- Explain the scope of work likely to be carried out on different types of equipment
- State the application of common types of public lighting systems.
- Identify different power supply equipment
- Confirm the suitability of fixing methods for public lighting systems in the environment of the installation including the threat from vandalism and unauthorised access.
- The need for public lighting
- Different types of equipment
- Different types of Highways
- Use of equipment on different Highways
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will be a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.