This course aims to provide employees working within the Highway Electrical Sector with the knowledge and practice key skills required for planning and applying responses to emergencies in the workplace. This does not cover emergency attendance or emergency works to damaged or faulty highway electrical equipment.
A summative practical assessment will follow the completion of this course or group of courses.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Identify activities likely to require emergency action
- State the first element of the emergency first aid primary survey
- State the correct action to take in the case of an LV & HV electrical injury
- State the method of dealing with potential pollution to the environment from a spill
- Identify when and how to obtain assistance
- Electrical & other injuries
- Works vehicle accident
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Emergency First Aid procedures & their limitations
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will be a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.