This course aims to provide employees working within the Highway Electrical Sector with an awareness of and the skills required to establish where to look for advice and information relating to relevant legislation and standards other than the Health & Safety at Work Act, the Electricity at Work Regulations, BS7671, COSHH Regulations, Manual Handling Regulations and the Personal Protective Equipment Regulations which are covered elsewhere (if this is not the case for an individual learner, the general principles should be covered).
A summative assessment will follow the completion of this course.
On completion of the course learners will:
- State the hierarchy of documents in relation to health and safety legislation
- Identify the key legislation and guidance relating to risks in highway electrical works
- Identify where standards to be reached in respect of risk assessments can be found
- State what action is to be taken in response to defined signs under the H&S (Safety Signs & Signals) Regulations
- Key Regulations & ACoPs – e.g. Management, , CDM, LOLER, Noise at Work, PUWER, RIDDOR, Work at Height, Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare)
- H&S (Safety Signs & Signals) Regulations
- H&S Guidance Notes – e.g. HSG(6), HSG(47)
- Industry Guidance
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.