This course aims to provide employees working within the Highway Electrical Sector with an understanding and awareness of Moving and Handling and their individual and collective responsibilities under the organisation and legislative policies.
A summative written and practical assessment will follow the completion of this course or group of courses.
On completion of the course learners will:
- Identify associated hazards before and during the handling of materials.
- Identify the associated risks.
- Identify and use required PPE correctly.
- Carry out an assessment of items to be handled and associated risks.
- Carry out correct lifting techniques.
- Identify alternative handling methods.
- The spine
- Definition of Handling
- Moving and Handling Operations Regulations and obligations
- Identification of hazards.
- Reducing the risks.
- Management responsibilities.
- Employee responsibilities.
- Lifting equipment.
- Lifting methods.
To enable maximum learning and benefit from this course, there will a number of exercises. These may be both interactive and demonstrative to enhance the learning experience.